Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A Brief Reflection

So, did I find anything from my past? I would have to say, very little. For one thing, I never lived in any of the parts we walked through. However, I identified very much with the Dutch language except here, in Limburg, where the locals speak a strong dialect. It is even difficult to find a Gereformeerde Kerk, as these have joined with others to become Protestante Kerken.
As I have mentioned before, we were so impressed with the unfailing kindness of strangers, even in those accommodations where I would rather not be. Also, the landscape never disappointed. Only rarely did we think that the walk was getting boring. Finding our way was a challenge and a game. We got rather good at it. We will miss the white and red markers. 
So now we are waiting for our ride to the train station in Maastricht. We are hearing there is trouble somewhere with water on a track. So we shall see if we make it to Schiphol, let alone Vancouver. 
Jeff made it with his back issue and my usual toe problem did not surface. We are thankful.
Upward and onward back to our lives in BC. We have already received an invite to dinner for Sunday...Thank you, Carolyn.

3 comments:

  1. Chris, thank you for taking the time each day to post your blog and pictures. We really enjoyed this glimpse into your experience, and in a small way we felt we were doing the walk with you! We wish you safe and expeditious travel, and we look forward to your return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ❤️Thank you Chris for sharing your walk with us thru your blog....we will miss reading it...but we will read it again because we plan to do it as well...glad you are home for awhile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chris and Jeff, my wife and I are also walking the PP, but from south to north. We nearly made it, are in Groningen so far. But we take our time, we walk only 3 days a year. I really enjoyed reading your blog and looking at the pictures. Brings back good memories !!

    ReplyDelete